The Future of Content Marketing is Video
If you are wondering what the future holds for content marketing? You might be saying that the next big thing is videos. If it is, then you probably are right.
Take a look at these reports.
Cisco reported that by 2019, video will account for 70- 80 percent of global internet traffic; nearly a million minutes of video will be shared every second; and it would take an individual 5 million years to watch all the video that will be shared each month.
Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO, also announced that Facebook is generating 8 billion video views per day, during the companys third quarter review.
According to data from Facebook:
- The number of video posts per person has increased 75 percent globally and 94 percent in the U.S.
- The amount of video from people and brands in News Feed has increased 3.6 times year-over-year
- More than 50 percent of people who visit Facebook in the U.S. every day watch at least one video
Snapchat, a new messaging platform, says that they’re receiving 6 billion daily video views—three times more compared to the data gathered six months ago.
Youtube, on the other hand has over a billion users and every day people watch hundreds of millions of hours on the video platform, generating billions of views. A notable 60% increase year over year, and a 40% increase in the number of people watching on this platform year over year since March 2014.
If you happen to be needing more reasons why video is the next big thing in content marketing, here’s why.
1. The average internet user will spend 90% more time on a website that has videos. If you are a businessman, you MUST be capitalizing on this trend and you have to assure that there are a lot of creative content for your brand, if you want your brand to gain conversions.
2. Videos on landing pages can increase conversion by as much as 85%. In the Philippines, an average video production will cost around P30,000.00 to P 100,000.00. A large amount of traffic on your landing pages could convert 20% more customers. Do your math.
3. 65% of video viewers are likely to watch more than two-third of the video. Videos get higher rates of retention compared to text.
4. More people prefer video results than text. Videos prove to be ENGAGING, INTERESTING and EYE CATCHING. People tend to stay longer in a site that has videos. Remember to accurately state the titles of the videos which you upload on your website.
5. The click-through rates of emails that has video increases by 200% – 300%. Gone are the days of heavy text-based emails. They are now replaced by videos. Ensure that the word ‘VIDEO’ is inserted in your subject line.